1. Arrive on time and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the support they would give you with a few reps or rounds to go.
2. Introduce yourself to everyone in the class. Help us build our CrossFit family by making sure everyone feels welcome – besides, nobody wants to work out with strangers.
3. Be aware and respectful of your surroundings. If there is teaching going on stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, feel free to practice skills or warm up, but please stay out of the way.
4. Check your ego at the door. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help.
5. EMPTY barbells and kettlebells were not designed to be dropped. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. Dropping of empty barbells or kettlebells is 50 burpees per occurrence.
6. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust covers everything in the entire gym and makes it very hard to keep the clean atmosphere. Don’t clap!
7. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind. There’s a mop and bucket in the corner – just one more exercise for you to complete.
8. Keep your personal belongings up front in a cubby during class. The bathroom is not a closet! If you have a jump rope or weightlifting shoes you want to keep at the gym, store them neatly!
9. Respect your Coaches! It is our job to coach and your job to complete. Eye rolling, scoffing, and complaining to other members about your coach is an immediate one-way ticket out the door. We are a private gym and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
10. Remember: “it’s fun when it’s done!”